Major International Energy Company
Due diligence, transition planning and negotiation
From initial research and data room analysis through to commercial negotiations and legal documents review, Cogitant played an important part in preparing IT-related parts of this bid to acquire a 1 billion GBP fuel retail network. Cogitant's responsibilities included:
- Seller and target research - IT landscape, capabilities.
- Analysis of business and IT information available via data room; driving IT Q&A process; preparing and presenting analysis, risks.
- Development and refinement of cost models for integration and ongoing operating costs, as input to business valuation. Monte Carlo simulation modelling uncertainties.
- Review of transition and integration options and plans with local and global IT teams.
- Due diligence reviews with seller IT teams & preparation of reports for client
- Modelling capex and opex impact on client organisation.
- Legal document review & mark-up.
- Transition services discussions and negotiations.