$2bn Division of International Petrochemicals Company
Developing an ERP landscape strategy and convergence plan
This international division of a much larger petrochemicals company had a disparate ERP landscape reflecting the division's history of acquisitions. Cogitant worked with the divisional CIO and business leadership team to develop and agree a strategy for future ERP systems deployment and use. Key activities undertaken included:
- Understanding existing organisational structures, processes, systems landscape components and capabilities.
- Identifying drivers for change including business strategy, IT solutions service life.
- Supporting rational discussion of local vs. global and divisional vs. corporate needs.
- Introducing a model to promote understanding of ERP and business process alignment needs.
- Defining essential and desirable characteristics of future ERP landscape.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative approaches to landscape maintenance and development.
- Developing and promoting recommendations for division and segment management discussion and approval.