- Defining, managing and executing IT strategy development processes aligned with the businesses they serve.
- Developing meaningful strategic responses to drivers identified - internal, external, business, technology lifecycle.
- Providing subject matter expertise and strong research skills across many areas of technology and business.
- Developing compelling documents that communicate agreed strategy effectively.
- Helping client organisations translate strategy into actionable plans and execution processes.
- Providing holistic and practical guidance on managing information security in line with good practice and legal requirements (GDPR, PCI, ISO).
- Performing information security audits and investigations, including process control and embedded systems as well as commercial IT.
- Developing and delivering information security briefings and communications campaigns, tailored to client needs.
- Delivering practical benefits from Enterprise Architecture management processes and techniques.
- Helping clients understand risks and benefits associated with developing technologies: separating fact from fiction in areas including Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Social Media, Virtual Reality.
- Defining and implementing technology management processes including:
- New technology monitoring, evaluation and introduction.
- Structured product evaluation and selection.
- Enterprise architecture governance and development.
- Technology roadmapping.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments
- Pre and post-deal planning and execution for IT integration / dis-integration plans, working on behalf of seller, buyer or target organisation.
- Gathering and presenting intelligence on counterparty IT capabilities and approaches.
- Programme and Project Management for complex multi-national projects in high-pressure and short lead-time MA&D environments.
- Mentoring project managers and other team participants.
- Maintaining order amid chaos.
- Defining and implementing effective risk management processes.
- Facilitating risk workshops.
- Assessing risk management plans.
Programme Management and Steering
- Supporting large complex projects and programmes as an experienced and independent board or steering committee member.
- Directing large complex projects and programmes as Programme Manager.
- Financial analysis and modelling.
Mentoring and CIO Support
- Mentoring CIOs and IT team members.
- Offering independent analysis and advice on a range of organisational and technological issues.
- Undertaking high-priority and confidential project work on behalf of CIOs and boards.
- Providing pragmatic insight into supplier strategies and roadmaps.
- Analysing and documenting existing operating models including processes, organisations and capabilities.
- Organisational analysis using ITIL, CMMI, COBIT reference models to establish strengths and weaknesses, gaps and process maturity
- Providing advice and guidance on the management and encouragement of innovation.
- Providing meaningful briefing on emerging trends and technologies to people at all levels of technical knowledge.
- Researching and evaluating new technology-related business opportunity areas for clients.
- Facilitating and stimulating group discovery and innovation processes.
- Defining commercial negotiation strategies and approaches.
- Conducting market reviews and analysis, briefing negotiating teams and staff.
- Identifying and minimising contractual risks, maximising opportunities.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Assimilating data and information from multiple incomplete sources into coherent, presentable documents drafted to meet identified needs and purpose.
- Delivering verbal and written communications matched to audience needs.
- Mentoring and supporting staff in effective communications techniques.