Major International Energy Company
Due diligence, transition planning and negotiation
From initial research and data room analysis through to final negotiations and legal documents review, Cogitant played a significant part in preparing IT-related parts of this 1 billion GBP fuel retail acquisition. The deal - signed in late 2016 - involves acquisition, rebranding and integration of over 500 retail stations, along with associated changes to the client's existing estate. Cogitant's responsibilities included:
- Seller and target research - IT landscape, capabilities.
- Analysis of business and IT information available via data room; driving IT Q&A process; preparing reports and presentations.
- Development and refinement of cost models for integration and ongoing operating costs, as input to business valuation. Monte Carlo simulation modelling uncertainties.
- Review of transition and integration options and plans with local and global IT teams.
- Due diligence reviews with seller IT teams during later stages; preparation of reports.
- Modelling capex and opex impact on client organisation.
- Legal document review & mark-up.
- Transition services discussions and negotiations, securing significant reductions for client.