Cogitant can provide assistance in many areas relating to strategy, innovation and technology management. Here are some examples based on past activities, experience and expertise.
- Defining, managing and executing strategy development processes.
- Identifying and analysing strategy drivers; developing strategic responses.
- Providing subject matter expertise in many areas including ERP landscapes, Business Process Management, security, infrastructure rationalisation.
- Developing, publishing and communicating strategy.
- Developing action plans and execution processes
Operating Model and Organisation Design
- Analysing and documenting existing operating models including processes, organisations and capabilities.
- Using ITIL, CMMI, COBIT reference models and techniques to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses, process maturity.
- Identifying, recommending and planning improvements.
- Enterprise Architecture - theory and practice
- Green datacentre design
- SCADA and control systems analysis
- Defining and implementing technology management processes including:
- New technology monitoring, evaluation and introduction.
- Structured product evaluation and selection.
- Enterprise architecture governance and development.
- Technology roadmapping.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments
- Pre and post-deal planning and execution for IT integration / dis-integration, working on behalf of seller, buyer or target organisation.
- Gathering and presenting intelligence on third-party IT capabilities and approaches.
- Programme and Project Management for complex multi-national projects in high-pressure and short lead-time MA&D environments.
- Mentoring project managers and other team participants.
- Maintaining order amid chaos.
- Defining and implementing effective risk management processes.
- Facilitating risk workshops.
- Assessing risk management plans.
Programme Management and Steering
- Supporting large complex projects and programmes as an experienced and independent board or steering committee member.
- Directing large complex projects and programmes as Programme Manager.
- Financial analysis and modelling.
Mentoring and Support
- Mentoring CIOs and team members.
- Offering independent analysis and advice on a range of organisational and technological issues.
- Undertaking high-priority and confidential project work.
- Providing pragmatic insight into supplier strategies and roadmaps.
- Providing advice and guidance on the management and encouragement of innovation.
- Briefing on emerging trends and technologies.
- Defining commercial negotiation strategies and approaches.
- Conducting market reviews and analysis, briefing negotiating teams and staff.
- Identifying and minimising contractual risks, maximising opportunities.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Audience analysis - understanding information needs.
- Assimilating data and information from multiple incomplete sources into coherent, presentable documents drafted to meet identified needs and purpose.
- Delivering verbal and written communications.
- Mentoring and supporting staff.